Week 12 Story: The War Between the Pigs & Wolves

Dear Mother,

Five years ago my two younger brothers and I went into training to help fight in the Great War between the Pig Kingdom and the Wolf Empire. Since then, life has been absolute hell. On a good note, I was recently promoted to Colonel and am stationed at Fort Brick. My brothers were both promoted as Lieutenants and have been sent off to Fort Straw and Fort Furze. They have worked so hard since we got here and I am so proud of them. I haven't seen the two of them for months and last I heard, they were attacked by small squadrons of wolves lead by the fearsome Lieutenant General Canis Howl. I'm sure they're both okay; I know they can handle themselves. But I'm still worried. Fort Straw and Furze are known for not being the most dependable fortresses to defend. They just weren't built for heavy attacks. The Wolf Empire has recently developed a way to harness wind power as an attack strategy which has devastated our forces throughout the front lines. 

Either way, I cannot dwell on that right now. We've received intel that the wolves are planning a large scale attack on Fort Brick. It shouldn't be too bad but something just doesn't feel right. The moral around the fort grounds just isn't where it needs to be. We've lost a lot of good men in the war and I hope we can hold out.

I mustn't write too long, I've got a lot of work to do to prepare my troops for this attack. I hope you are doing well Mother, we all miss you so very much. I am hoping that we can finally get the upper hand in this war and end it. Only time will tell. I love you.

Your son,

Col. Barbatus Swine

Fort Brick, the stronghold of the Pig Kingdom - Source

Author's Note: I based this story off of the Three Little Pigs, a classic fairytale that many people are familiar with. 3 pigs live in houses made out of straw, sticks, and bricks. A wolf tries to eat the pig in each house by blowing it down with his breath. He is successful against the straw and stick house. However, he is not so lucky with the brick house and ends up getting killed after climbing down the chimney. In my version of this, I turned the conflict between the wolf and the pigs into a full scale war. The pig that is living in the brick house is now a Colonel in a brick fortress. He is writing to his mother and informing her how the war is going. The wolves have attacked both of his brother's forts and his is next. Will Col. Barbatus Swine be able to defend his fortress like he was in the original story, or will the Wolf Empire be successful in bringing down the Pig Kingdom?

Story Source

Comments

  1. Hi Christian! I loved that you got the idea of this story from The Three Little Pigs. That used to be one of my favorite stories when I was a little girl. I loved how you made this story in a letter to the mother. It made the story even more interesting. I also thought it was cool that you made them all be in a war. That is definitely different than the original story lol. I was most definitely rooting for the pigs because I have never liked the big bad wolf. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian,

    I thought your story was very creative! I would have never of thought to turn a little kids story into a whole war situation. I also loved the names that you gave your characters and how they were related to who the character was. I definitely would love to hear what will happen next in your story! I hope the Wolf Empire is defeated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Christian the future Mammalogist

Week 6 Story - Man in the Moon Revisited