Topic Brainstorm

 Topic 1

The first story I read for this class was The Man in the Moon. I thought it was interesting how a living being could be turned into an inanimate object but still have feelings and thoughts. When I re-wrote this story I told the story from the perspective of the Moon. I'd like to further explore story-telling from inanimate objects and I think there are quite a few different possibilities with that approach. 

The Moon - Source here 
Topic 2 

I'm sure we are all familiar with Tarzan or the Jungle Book. They're both stories about people raised by wild animals. This topic is interesting to me because of all the possibilities. I could give the animals intelligence where they are able to use language giving the child the ability to speak naturally, or I could have no language and make the child more feral. 

Topic 3

Nursery rhymes is another topic that has a lot of possibilities. Most of us are very familiar with these, but only from a specific perspective. There are a lot of characters from these stories that are background characters. Making them the main character will give me a lot of freedom when writing a story.

Topic 4

Creation stories is a topic that I have a lot of interest in. There are a lot of these types of stories floating around. A long time ago people were unsure why things are the way they are, so they would make stories explaining this question. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Christian the future Mammalogist

Week 6 Story - Man in the Moon Revisited