Growth Mindset

Growth - by Steven G on Flickr.com

I am not familiar with Carol Dweck and have not heard of her until I wrote this blog. Growth mindset is something I have heard of in high school, but it is something that was never really discussed or practiced. I think that a growth mindset is a very effective way to think when approaching the challenges, we are facing today. However, I do not think it is effective in some respects. In many of the classes I have taken in the past there is usually one correct answer to a problem. Many times, I was told exactly how to solve a problem and that I could not use my own way. Sometimes there was another approach to solving a problem but sometimes there was not. Having a growth mindset gives us the opportunity to learn from others and work together to solve a common problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Christian the future Mammalogist

Week 6 Story - Man in the Moon Revisited