The Island of Maui... My Favorite Places

Out of all the places I've visited throughout the world, Maui has to be one of my favorites! I went to Hawaii in 2015 with my family over winter break. We visited the islands of Oahu and Maui. While these islands are only a short plane ride apart, they almost feel like completely different places. I guess Oahu is more of a tourist attraction. We visited the South-East coast of Maui and stayed in a hotel room that was open to the outside. I had never seen a hotel like this before but falling asleep to the sound of waves in the distance was amazing. One thing that I remember is the amount of chickens that were roaming around. The beaches were beautiful and the food was delicious! 


Maui is the island between Hawaii and Oahu - Pixabay




Comments

  1. YES to Hawaii, Christian! I lived there (Oahu) my freshman year of high school. Maybe you will want to use this class as a chance to learn about Hawaiian storytelling traditions; there are some beautiful free books online if you are interested in maybe doing a Hawaii project: so many stories! Hawaii folklore and mythology books / free online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Christian the future Mammalogist

Week 6 Story - Man in the Moon Revisited