Storybook Favorites


The first story I read was “The Adventures of Merlin”. This is a character I have not heard of before. The title of this story gave me an idea of what was to come, and that it would heavily focus on Merlin’s life. The introduction explains how Merlin came to be from his single mother Morvryn. Merlin’s early childhood is briefly told, and the introduction tells the reader he is practicing magic as a young adult. The introduction ends with a foreshadowing statement telling the reader that Merlin will change the course of history. The layout of this story was very well done in my opinion. It is kept simple and spaced out, so it is easy to read. The pictures included show what the settings of these stories may look like and may help the reader imagine this story more easily.

https://sites.google.com/view/ambrosius/allies?authuser=0

The second story I read was titled “The women of Hercules – Telling stories from her point of view”. I am familiar with Hercules mostly from the Disney movie that was made awhile back. This story had a different approach by making it a TV show. The author took a well-known story and told it from a different point of view. This gives the story more depth and meaning. The layout for this story was simple and easy to read.


The final story I read was called “Focuse’s adventures in Middle Earth. Middle Earth is a world that I am very familiar with. I love The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and I knew exactly where this story took place in the introduction. I really enjoyed how this story took place in a time long before Tolkien’s books took place. This was probably my favorite story out of the three and the structure was very easy on the eyes.

This is an image of a tomb in the Mines of Moria. This image was taken from "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Christian the future Mammalogist

Week 6 Story - Man in the Moon Revisited